Part of the community for almost 90 years
The story of Pasadena City Church goes back to 1929 when the church was founded as Trinity Full Gospel Church. A handful of people began meeting at a church on the corner of Marengo and Green in the heart of downtown Pasadena. Since 1929 the church has been located in four different buildings before ultimately landing at our current location in 2002. We are proud to have been part of the Pasadena community for almost 90 years.
We are not just a church with a history, we are excited about our future as well. In 2012 our church, then called Pasadena Christian Center, was without a pastor and our current pastor, James North, was starting a new church in Pasadena called City Church. The two communities started meeting together on Sunday mornings and six weeks later both communities voted unanimously to merge into one community. In a time when many religious communities are splitting and breaking apart, we are proud to be an example of two communities coming together and uniting around a common purpose. We changed the name of the church to Pasadena City Church to reflect the merging of our two communities into one.
The merger is behind us now but the adventure of community has just begun. Each year new people join our community as we work together to become a church family that is united in Christ, rooted in community and joining God in the renewal of all things.